CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, August 5, 2007

New Shoes


Today I bought new shoes. I went to Dick's Sporting Goods, Sports Authority, and DSW. I went with an open mind and tried on everything Nike,Reeboks,New Balance,Asics, & Rockports. Airs, gels, running, & walking shoes. Blues, Greens, Reds, & Pink shoes. I tried on 7 1/2, 8, & 8 1/2. Some were $39,$49, $65, and even $85. They even had numbers like 353's,408's & 492's.I finally settled on a pair of Nike Walking shoes trimmed in blue for $49. Now if you know me I only buy white Sketchers,Keds or Avia's. (my daughter says I have no taste in shoes). I decided to be different today and here I was picking up my box of blue Nike and walking to the checkout when I pass a pair of Avia's on the end cap. I decided to try them on just to be sure I'm buying the right shoe. And I'm glad I did. They felt great! Better than all the other shoes. And they were on sale for $23 but I wanted to be different today. I wanted to be open minded. I wanted to prove that my daughter isn't always right when she says I buy the same thing all the time. As I was walking away with my Avia 330's I noticed they come in blue too! So I put my white ones down and picked up the blue ones and proudly went to the checkout. I broke my new shoes in by walking in the neighborhood tonight.

weight 155.4
temp 75
humidity 94%
8123 steps or 3.58 miles
calories burned 360

4 comments:

John Abrams

Those are great shoes, I had a pair almost exactly like them, but my dog Chipotle chewed one of them up. I bought another pair and now as long as he chews the right one I am still good. But I'm sure you know all about this stuff.

Carol Randall

I like those shoes. They are doing alot with handicapped shoes now. Not that you are, but they look like a pair I saw.

Pat

very interesting comments above. LOL. glad you got some shoes you like. the key is to wear them out quickly and get some new ones. I'm on pair #3 in just over one year.

Joey Wu

Haha, you right. Funny comment, funny shoe.
I like them very much, will get some to at store.
Happy times,
Wu