CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

On the Road

I've been out of town teaching in Gaylord, Michigan, a small Alpine village in northern part of the lower peninsula, and wow, what a wonderful group of women I got to work with. I taught two basic Cricut classes and a Design Studio class. Three days of food, fun and friends; I couldn't have asked for more.

Denise Cather from Ostego Club put on a great event with 80 crafters. Each attendee got 8 feet of scraping space, welcoming gifts and personal lighting. There were lots of enthusiastic, knowledgable vendors. Michelle Nist from Close to my Heart hosted a scrapbook contest and make and takes. The best part is they have invited me back for their event in October. I plan to teach a Copic Marker class, as well as all of my Cricut classes. If you are interested in joining us, send me an e-mail and I'll get the information right to you.

I had three good friends who joined me for this Scraptabulous weekend: Rosie, Jennifer and my cohort Jo. Because we arrived a day early, we were on our own for breakfast the first morning. We slept in after our long trip -- extended by food and bathroom stops and a visit to a big Brighton, Mich., scrapbooking store -- and we had lunch at a great little local restaurant. You can't beat the daily lunch specials at the Sugar Bowl.

After lunch, we headed for the main scrapbooking area to get set up. Staff from the Ostego Club was there all weekend to cater to us. Massages, manicures and pedicures were available for those who wanted them.We took a break before dinner to get a memorable pic for those who wanted to scrap their memories of the weekend. (Here's Mike getting everyone in place for the picture.) The accommodating staff of the Ostego Club provided curbside porter service for getting in and out of the scrapping area. Having someone there to help load and unload our many bags of supplies was the perfect touch for a Scraptabulous-filled weekend.

DID YOU KNOW you can get the best chocolate covered potato chips at the Alpine Chocolat Haus in downtown Gaylord.

0 comments: