CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, June 29, 2007

It's Finally Here!

I've waited what seems like forever for today . The iphone went on sale. I think Apple and At&t ordered the weather for today 77 degrees. Anyone who knows me, knows I love gadgets and I love having the latest one. I got up at 9am today got ready packed up my laptop, dvd player,books,magazines,Slim Fast,water,lawn chair,jacket,and long pants and headed to Easton to the At&t store. When I got there at 10am I was #9 in line. Bob called me about 1pm to see how I was doing and he brought me a ice tea, small table,blanket and a pillow. Believe it or not it was cold out until about 2pm then it warmed up and was hot for a couple of hours.The first guy got there at 10pm the night before. I'm not sure about the 2nd guy who left at 5:30pm (30 min before they started selling them) when they announced they had to check your credit. 3,4,&5 arrived at 12 midnight they were kids who advertised their seats on craigslist for $250.00 One guy showed up at 4:30pm and gave one of the kids $100 for his seat.The other 2 left when no one arrived to buy their seats. 6,7,&8 were together 2 women and a man only one of the women was purchasing the iphone for a friend who paid her $200 to stand for him. The other 2 were there to keep her company since she arrived at 7am. So that made me 4th when it came time for sales to start. The young man after me arrived at 11am one hour after I did. He was 18 and going in the Navy in 18 days but he really wanted the iphone. His parents stopped and checked on him through out the day. Sales started at 6pm I made my purchase and was on my way home by 6:16 I went pass the Apple store since I was so close there were about 100 people in line. I really stuck to my cutting back on calories. I took a Slim Fast for lunch and watched my neighbors to the left have Taco Bell and the kid on the right had Chipotle with his mother. I watched 4 episodes of Dallas. I'll always remember where I was when I saw JR get shot. I read 65 pages of a new book. Worked on my laptop for a short while. and read a magazine. 8 quick hours and I got my iphone. Along with me their were 29 other lucky people. They announced at 5:30pm they had 20 8g iphones and 10 4g. So I'm glad I made the effort to get up and get going early today. When I got home I had dinner and walked 7 times around the school yard with Phoebe tonight so the day went pretty fast. Now I need to activate my iphone and I'll be all set. I think with my iphone I will be able to access this blog.

weight 154.4
temp: 77
humidity 53%
10,699 steps or 4.36 miles
calories burned 436

0 comments: